Senior Software Engineer
Mid / Senior
Join the Surfboard team!
We're creating an exciting new platform to enable customer service teams to hit their service targets whilst improving morale within their team. We’re building an end-to-end solution that centralises data, makes forecasts, schedules agents fairly and provides them with tools to put development and training at the forefront of their experience. Our mission is simple: happy team, happy customers.
Surfboard is backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital funds and a set of stellar angel investors who have founded and scaled some of Europe’s most successful technology businesses.
👍 We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are interested in joining a mission-oriented startup at the earliest possible stage where you can have incredible impact.
- Have experience building production systems and services at pace with modern best-practise in mind, ideally as part of a cross-functional team.
- Are interested in helping shape the technical direction of the company, including technological and architectural choices.
- Thrive working with uncertainty, collaborating heavily with other members of the team (PMs, designers, data scientists) to craft effective and delightful experiences.
- For front-end engineers: have some experience working with (and ideally crafting) design systems.
👎 This might not be a good fit if you:
- Need lots of direction. We're an early-stage startup so you'll need to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into things you may not be comfortable with at first. The reward for this is growth, and lots of it!
- Don't want to learn new things - we're still choosing the technologies we'll use as a company so you may have to pick up tools and techniques you've not used before!
- Are looking for near-term management opportunities - whilst this is very much something we can look to create and foster down the line, right now we're focused on building.
Let's do this
We respect your time, and aim to keep our interview process as quick and simple as possible. As a fast-moving small company we keep the process flexible, but it typically consists of:
- Get to know each other – Initial phone screen with Matt, our CTO (20-30 mins).
- Technical task – Either take-home or via video call (1-2 hours).
- Team interview – Speak with a few more of the team. They'll want to know what it's like to work with you, and you'll have opportunity to really dig into what life's like at Surfboard (45-60 mins).
- Final round – Meet Natasha, our Founder and CEO (30 mins).
- Offer! – We'll get back to you ASAP, and set up a call to go through the details of your offer and answer any final questions you may have.
After each stage we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible with feedback, and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions. If any questions crop up between rounds, or before applying, just send us an email at email@example.com
We believe in equal opportunities
Surfboard an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse team is the right thing to do and is central to our success.