Mid / Senior
Join the Surfboard team!
We're creating an exciting new platform to enable customer service teams to hit their service targets whilst improving morale within their team. We’re building an end-to-end solution that centralises data, makes forecasts, schedules agents fairly and provides them with tools to put development and training at the forefront of their experience. Our mission is simple: happy team, happy customers.
Surfboard is backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital funds and a set of stellar angel investors who have founded and scaled some of Europe’s most successful technology businesses.
👍 We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Obsessively care about customers and the need to regularly communicate with them soliciting feedback and ensuring Surfboard is making their lives 100x better.
- Test your ideas quickly through prototyping, user testing, research, gathering feedback, and analysing quantitative data. Your focus is making sure we're building valuable products that our users love.
- Can wear multiple hats and context switch quickly. You'll go from managing our design team, to conducting user research, onboarding a new customer or creating messaging for website and sales collateral.
- Can balance attention to detail with pace – you want to get things right and care a lot about building the right things, but you also know at this stage we've got to experiment.
- Experience working with engineers, designers and data scientists.
👎 This might not be a good fit if you:
- Want to focus only on a specific aspect of product management – we're looking for a strong generalist, someone who is equally comfortable conducting user research as they are developing our product strategy and vision for the next two years.
- Need the support of a large team. We're deliberately very lean and while we are growing our engineering and design team, we need someone who wont be blocked by limited resources and can still make sure we are building.
- Have not worked closely with engineers and designers previously.
Let's do this
We respect your time, and aim to keep our interview process as quick and simple as possible. As a fast-moving small company we keep the process flexible, but it typically consists of:
- Get to know each other – You’ll speak with Natasha (CEO) for 30-45 minutes so she can find out more about your background, approach to product management, and to tell you more about the role and Surfboard.
- CTO interview – 30 mins with Matt (CTO) who will dig into what you’ll bring to the Surfboard team and your approach to working with tech
- Whiteboard exercise – We’ll get together – preferably in person, but remote is also ok – for 1.5hrs to work through a fictional product management challenge end-to-end.
- Meet the team – 30-45 min call to get to know a few more of the team. They'll want to know what it's like to work with you, and you'll have opportunity to really dig into what life's like at Surfboard.
- Offer! – We'll get back to you ASAP, and set up a call to go through the details of your offer and answer any final questions you may have.
After each stage we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible with feedback, and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions. If any questions crop up between rounds, or before applying, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe in equal opportunities
Surfboard an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse team is the right thing to do and is central to our success.