Senior Product Designer
Mid - Senior
Join the Surfboard team!
We're creating an exciting new platform to enable customer service teams to hit their service targets whilst improving morale within their team. We’re building an end-to-end solution that centralises data, makes forecasts, schedules agents fairly and provides them with tools to put development and training at the forefront of their experience. Our mission is simple: happy team, happy customers.
Surfboard is backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital funds and a set of stellar angel investors who have founded and scaled some of Europe’s most successful technology businesses.
👍 We'd love to hear from you if you:
- You think about the design beyond the user interface – how our products fit into our users' lives and how they realise the value we're creating. Sometimes the best solution isn't a UI at all
- Test your ideas quickly through prototyping, user testing, research, gathering feedback, and breaking down quantitative data. Your focus is making sure we're building valuable products that our users love.
- Can wear multiple hats and context switch quickly. You'll go from managing our design team, to conducting user research, onboarding a new customer or creating messaging for website and sales collateral.
- You are passionate about how design helps us realise our mission – we aren't looking to build a 'better scheduling' platform but are dead-set on changing the behaviours of customer service teams to provide more fairness and freedom to their agents.
- You can balance attention to detail with pace – you want to get things right and care a lot about how design influences behaviour, but you also know where to invest your time for biggest impact.
- You have experience working in a cross-functional product team, e.g. alongside engineers and product managers. Bonus points for previous experience working on data visualisation or scheduling products.
👎 This might not be a good fit if you:
- Want to focus only on a specific aspect of design such as UX, UI or design systems. We need someone who can wear multiple hats.
- You haven't been a product designer before. We are very passionate about developing and nurturing talent but at this stage we need someone who is experienced.
- You want a role that is mostly managerial. We would love for this role to grow into a Head of Design role, but at this stage we need strong individual contributors who want to ideate and test quickly.
Let's do this
We respect your time, and aim to keep our interview process as quick and simple as possible. As a fast-moving small company we keep the process flexible, but it typically consists of:
- Get to know each other – You’ll speak with Natasha and Ellie (CEO and Product Designer) for 45 minutes so we can find out more about your background, approach to product design, and to tell you more about the role and Surfboard.
- Whiteboard exercise – We’ll get together – preferably in person, but remote is also ok – for 1.5hrs to work through a fictional product design challenge end-to-end.
- Meet the team – 30-45 min call to get to know a few more of the team. They'll want to know what it's like to work with you, and you'll have opportunity to really dig into what life's like at Surfboard.
- Offer! – We'll get back to you ASAP, and set up a call to go through the details of your offer and answer any final questions you may have.
After each stage we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible with feedback, and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions. If any questions crop up between rounds, or before applying, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe in equal opportunities
Surfboard an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse team is the right thing to do and is central to our success.