Business Operations Manager
Join the Surfboard team!
We're creating an exciting new platform to enable customer service teams to hit their service targets whilst improving morale within their team. We’re building an end-to-end solution that centralises data, makes forecasts, schedules agents fairly and provides them with tools to put development and training at the forefront of their experience. Our mission is simple: happy team, happy customers.
Surfboard is backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital funds and a set of stellar angel investors who have founded and scaled some of Europe’s most successful technology businesses.
👍 We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Think deeply and really care about the customer problem - you can put yourself in the shoes of existing and prospective customers and can communicate how Surfboard can make their lives 100x better.
- Are passionate about our mission. We're not just building a tool that improves efficiency or a "better scheduling tool". We're building something that fundamentally improves the lives of customer service teams and provides fairness and fulfilment to this otherwise underserved function.
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can do attitude - you might not have specific experience within a domain but you can pick things up quickly and execute
👎 This might not be a good fit if you:
- Want to only do strategy work. A lot of this role is being a true operator and getting your hands dirty - this might mean writing copy for our website, managing customer timelines or writing internal policies.
- You aren't comfortable thinking strategically and taking a step back to think about the big picture and how we as a team ultimately can ensure we are targeting the right segment and building the right product for that segment.
Let's do this
We respect your time, and aim to keep our interview process as quick and simple as possible. As a fast-moving small company we keep the process flexible, but it typically consists of:
- Get to know each other – You’ll speak with Natasha (Founder & CEO) for 30-45 minutes so she can find out more about your background and to tell you more about the role and Surfboard.
- Whiteboard exercise / Case interview – We’ll get together – preferably in person, but remote is also ok – for 1.5hrs to work through a fictional challenge.
- CTO meeting – You'll spend time with Matt, our CTO.
- Meet the team – 30-45 min call to get to know a few more of the team. They'll want to know what it's like to work with you, and you'll have opportunity to really dig into what life's like at Surfboard.
- Offer! – We'll get back to you ASAP, and set up a call to go through the details of your offer and answer any final questions you may have.
After each stage we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible with feedback, and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions. If any questions crop up between rounds, or before applying, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe in equal opportunities
Surfboard an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse team is the right thing to do and is central to our success.